N-Act Theatre in Schools Company is based in Essex. Their work is delivered as part of a touring schedule.
Please note that the website and other digital platforms N-Act provides may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for users’ convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our website and our own digital platforms. We recommend that they check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that they visit.
Method of Collection
Personal Information Collected
How N-Act Use Such Information
Sharing This Information
|Submitting an enquiry to the website, by phone or by post||• Name
• Email address
• Phone number
• Any other personal information that an individual may provide to N-Act as part of an enquiry
|To respond to and deal with the query.||We will not share this information with any third party|
|Ticketsource / Eventbrite performance, workshop and event bookings – data collection details||• Name and role in school
• School name and full contact details
|The name, address, email and phone number are used for the booking information and will only be used to contact the individual regarding that booking.||Booking information will not be shared with any third party unless the individual has opted into this at the time of the booking.
The information is not automatically added to our mailing list and the individual will not be contacted by ourselves regarding any other business unless they have opted into joining our mailing list.
|Signing up to the mailing list||• Name and role in school
• School name and full contact details
|Browsing our website||IP address, device details and location||To improve the functionality and usability of our website for all users||Google Analytics who assist us in improving our Website.|
|Photo, video or case study consent forms||• Name
• Permission to use the case studies or photography about the person
|The consent forms are held by N-Act to ensure that we have relevant permissions to hold and share case studies, videos and photography. We will keep the forms for our records, but the permissions can be changed at any time.|
When we share personal information
In order to provide our products and services to our customers or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with them, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some data processing activities on our behalf. We may share your personal information with the following third parties who shall process such information on our behalf:
- Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC); who store our mailing database and send communications on our behalf.
- Our payment processor; in respect of in-venue and online purchases.
- Google Analytics; who assist us in improving our Website.
- Ticketsource and Eventbrite; who manage our ticket sales and who will collect your personal information and process your purchase. Users should ensure you read and understand Ticketsource’s and Eventbrite’s privacy policies before purchasing any tickets through our Website.
We may also use online evaluation and survey tools from time to time, which customers will be able to opt into. We may also share our customers data with third parties if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so; to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity; where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons; and/or otherwise as permitted under applicable law In all instances where we disclose personal information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
We may use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website and use our reservation and purchase services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 24 months, although some will expire prior to this.
N-Act Theatre in Schools Company is committed to the swift identification and removal of inappropriate content linked to our website or social media accounts. Should any individual post, send or upload any material that we consider inappropriate, offensive or in breach of legislation, we may use your personal data to inform relevant third parties. We may also remove accounts of individuals linked to persistent inappropriate content concerns. We also may use links to external websites.
N-Act Theatre in Schools Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies of such third party websites and use of these websites is at your own risk.
Our retention periods for personal data are as follows:
- Where we are holding personal information on our mailing database or as part of our loyalty schemes, or research activities for so long as the individual wishes to continue to be part of our mailing list or loyalty scheme (as applicable) or if they have not engaged with us (made an enquiry, reservation, opened an email, clicked-through from an email, used your loyalty card etc.) for 24 months. Even if we no longer send mailings to them or remove them from our loyalty scheme, we may keep their name and email address on a separate repression list for a number of years following this for the purpose of ensuring that our mailings are not inadvertently shared with them).
- Where we are holding an individual’s personal data to enable us to carry out a booking for 90 days following the date that the event finishes, unless the individual has chosen to join our mailing list (in which case the personal data will be held for so long as they wish to be part of our mailing list).
- Where we are holding personal data for customer service reasons or to deal with an enquiry you have submitted, for such period as is necessary to ensure that the query has been dealt with fully and properly in accordance with our usual standards (this will normally be around thirty days following the date of collection).
Photography of Events
There may be photographers present at our public events/performances from time to time and we may display the images & videos captured on our website. If we are taking photographs we will display information posters and individuals can notify a member of N-Act staff if they do not want to be photographed. If they are included in any photograph and object to this being on our website (or N-Act retaining this) they can contact us using the details set out in the policy and N-Act will arrange for the relevant photograph to be removed. N-Act will not take photographs of children or vulnerable adults without written photo consent.
If the school wishes to take photos of their students during our workshops and performances, we would require written permission to use these photos on our website or for marketing purposes.
If we are taking photographs or videos of a workshop or private event, or of children or vulnerable adults, we will only do so with written consent. If photo consent is given and a person later decides that they do not want their photograph to be on their website (or for N-Act to retain this) they can contact us using the details set out in the policy and N-Act will arrange for the relevant photograph to be removed. In the event that your photo, video or written case study had been physically reproduced (eg in a leaflet of poster) then existing copies may continue to be used but no further copies shall be produced). Where photos are used, no names of individuals will be used.
Videos, photography and case studies may be used:
- In leaflets and other printed promotional material for N-Act
- On N-Act’s website, in email marketing campaigns and on social media (ie Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc)
- In the media (to promote N-Act in a newspaper, on television, or on the radio)
- In letters and other correspondence with donors, volunteers and supporters of N-Act • By organisations that want to promote N-Act and our work (eg schools, colleges, funding bodies and private sector companies)
How We Treat Children’s Information
We never collect personal information regarding individuals in school audiences. Any information for data collection for statistics would be garnered from the school.
The only time we would collect children’s personal information is if they were taking part in a production or film. Any information would come from the parent or guardian. Contact information would be that of the parent or guardian. No child will be contacted directly from any member of N-Act Theatre in Schools Company.
- When we collect children’s personal information, we make it clear that we require the parent/guardian’s permission in order to collect it. We do not actively seek to collect children’s data without this consent from a parent or guardian.
- Information we collect on children will include their full name, year group, school, and any other personal information provided to us with consent. This information will only be used to allow us to provide the service that has been requested.
- We treat this data in the same way as other data outlined in this policy.
- At any time an individual may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about them, by contacting our office team at firstname.lastname@example.org There may be an administration cost implication involved in this.
- Individuals have the right to ask us to erase their personal data, to ask us to restrict our processing or to object to our processing of their personal data. If someone wants us to remove personally identifiable information, they can contact us at email@example.com. This may limit the service we can provide to them.
- When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify the identity of the person before granting them access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard personal information.
Changes to this Policy/Complaint
Any updates to our policy will be published on the Website. If you wish to make a complaint please contact firstname.lastname@example.org You also have a right to complain in respect of N-Act Theatre in Schools Company use of your personal data to the Information Commissioners Office, but please contact us before you escalate your complaint.